An update is coming tomorrow
First of all, most “mods” that add new features to the game are in a very gray area legally, and I frown upon them. Most of them add really cool new features, though. It’s highly likely that something like the bridge mod will make it into the game.
Now, the update.
I was going to release this today, but it’s 6 pm already and my fiancée turns 30 today (I love you, ez!), so I’ll go eat a nice dinner instead.
Here’s what’s already done for the update:
* players and mobs in lava or fire no longer spam sound effects
* getting hit with a higher damage while recovering from a smaller one now works as intended
* lava flows further in the Nether
* zombie pigs eventually forgives
* added support for custom texture packs
* fixed duplicate buttons when resizing screens
* zombie pigs and ghasts no longer get hurt by fire or lava
* fixed volume sliders now saving properly
* hellworld=true no longer overwrites old save chunks. Player positions will still break if you switch it on a running server, though
* boats are now visible to other players
* minecarts move nicer
* fishing kinda sorta works, but needs more work
* sheep and cows look like sheep and cows now
* buckets work now
* fixed stairs being really difficult to destroy
* increased the timeout before “Took too long to log in”
* made it possible to ride carts and boats (pigs should work too..)
There are a couple of bugs left, like it not being possible to steer the boats yet, and other players not having the riding animation when riding. Fishing also works horribly poorly. Once I’ve fixed that tomorrow, I’ll release an update for both the server and the client.
As for the texture packs, it’ll look something like this:
Later on, the server list and world selection in singleplayer will have a similar look to this.