The few hours I’ve been able to work today, I tried getting SMP Health as complete as possible. It will be released early next week.
Here’s the status:
* Send attack network data: DONE
* Add the ability to attack other entities: DONE
* Implement falling damage: NOT STARTED
* Implement respawning for dead players: PARTIALLY DONE (there are bugs with the player keeping the current location in some circumstances instead )
* Make eating food regenerate health: DONE
* Send health updates to the players: DONE
The “attack entities” code is done on a general level, so you can hurt animals, monsters, boats, carts and even other players.
There are a couple of other tweaks in the next update as well:
* Fix leaves. Again: DONE
* Optimize the lighting update slowdowns: STARTED
* Make players riding carts or boats a long way receive terrain updates: DONE
* Fix the block re-spawning bug: NOT STARTED
* Add “pvp” toggle flag to the server settings: NOT STARTED.